Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Winning Effort!!!


Before the start of the test series somebody asked me in the office” So Munish what would be the result of the series? ” (he asked me so as I am a good predictor when it comes to cricket.. lolz) and my simple reply was 2-0 India. And the prediction almost becomes a reality but rain god just denied that. I was checking my mobile since morning for the latest score (as there is no other source in the room for latest updates) and when I saw 210/5 I was quiet assured that we will win it but after some time it just stuck in 281/8 because of rain. Anyways Indian’s fans will take 1-0 after 41 years.
Almost every Indian fan was assured of Indian victory before the start of the series because the kind of confidence Indian Team have in themselves these days they can beat any side in world cricket(Australia, England are the latest examples). And the way team won in the first test at Hamilton it becomes more sure. But then come the toughest test of the tour. But again team showed what they are up to as they saved the test almost from a dying situation.
If I talk of players then I can't name the single individual as everybody chip in when it required. Whether its Sachin and Harbhajan in the first, Gambhir and Laxman in the second and Zak, Gambhir and Bhajji in the third everybody performed.
Now the whole focus will be shifted to million dollar IPL and me too eagerly waiting for that. I was supporting Deccan Chargers last year but unfortunately they ended up at the bottom. Hoping for a better show from them this time around.
Cheers!!
Munish

0 comments:

Post a Comment